Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Fun New Experience

I know this is going to come across as complaining, but I just gotta keep it real (that's for you Sonya ;) It's sweltering over here.  Like hot hot hot.  Our flat is pretty much hot year-round (we're on the seventh floor), but during summer, with nothing to cool us down at all (we're talking not even a breeze), we're all roaming around sweating!  Lovely, right?

That really has nothing to do with this post other than I was reminiscing on how cool and breezy it was by the sea and then how it was cooler in the mountains of Germany while I was going through these pictures and blogging this.  So that's why the rant on heat.

Anyway, here we go.  One afternoon in Germany we had a few hours to hang loose and enjoy.  So we joined some sweet friends and hit up the bobsled course.  I'm pretty positive that's not the technical name for this, but that's what Jas and I kept calling it because that's what it reminded us of.  Basically it's a type of "sled" that takes you up a hill and then you can either "gun it" or "brake it" down the course.  SO fun.

I will say I wasn't expecting it to be so fast, so I was a bit hesitant, but my friend, Allie, was a speed demon.  I hindered her run thus earning myself Granny status, but that's ok ;)


I like how in that picture above everyone is watching us as we prepare to dominate the course (tee hee).


Coming to the end of the course.  Total fun, even if I was a slow poke first go at it (second time would've been different ;)

Then the guys went.


Of course they both flew down the course...I'm just glad they didn't fly off (no, really).

And then we finally convinced Elise to go down with Jas.  She was pretty nervous the whole way through, but we're proud she finally bit the bullet and went for it!

(and I adore this pic below...)


Good good times.  And since we have one here in Bratislava, I think it'll soon be time to do it again...only next time I'm going all out! 

2 comments:

  1. That looks super fun!! I can definitely see the fear of flying off the track though. Scary! Love the one with Elise and Jas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved this! Did something like it in China. Really like that last picture of Elise and Jason. I guess Nora wasn't up to it? ;)

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...