Monday, November 4, 2013

Imitation Art on the Cheap

…and by cheap I mean free.

I came upon this painting one day while perusing the interwebs and just really fell in love with its simplicity and quality quote (not to mention the quote's origin is Spanish).
So I sought to imitate it.  Granted, I'm all for and fully support creating your own art (though I've done a few other imitation pieces), but when it comes to a piece you fall in love with but don't have the dough to dish out, why not get your create on and make your own?

That's what I did.

And guess what?  The original just so happens to be $4,000...but not mine!  Mine was free, which means happy me :)

(it should be noted however, the original is a good bit bigger than mine)

(it should also be noted that this project took me about two art "sessions" with Elise, which means a total of about an hour…about all the time I have for painting these days :)
It's not as grand and fun as the original, but it was a simple little project to recreate and add to our art collection.  I'm a fan (and I guess that's all that matters, right? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love!!!! That black and white will look great in your apartment...all that red and color! Anthony cut some plywood the other day for a project and there is some leftover pieces that I'm thinking I might paint somehow. Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quote! And I think yours turned out GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...