Soup for lunch, soup for dinner was my husband's request the other day upon his stuffy, head cold sickness.
(image courtesy of: http://kitchenscoop.com/recipes/baked-potato-soup/)
So, for lunch I warmed up Elton's yummy veggie soup. Then I set out looking for a great potato soup recipe...you know, along the lines of O'Charley's wonderful loaded potato soup.
Enter Pat's Cream of Potato Soup recipe. YUM! I did alter it a bit, and here's what I did...
First, you'll need:
bacon bits (or chopped up slices of bacon)
1 onion, chopped
6 cups chicken broth
3 sliced or chunked potatoes
1/2 cup instant mashed potato flakes
1 cup half and half
Then, you can:
1) Brown your onion and bacon bits on medium heat.
2) Start your chicken broth in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
3) Add onion, bacon, potatoes, and instant mashed potato flakes to the boiling broth.
4) Bring heat down to a simmer and keep it on for 30 minutes.
5) Pour in half and half. Stir and serve!
**you also could top it with cheese, or put it in a bread bowl.
We were both fans. So, Pat, whoever you are, if you are reading this...THANK YOU for the start to a great potato soup :)