Monday, May 28, 2012

It's All in the Details

Yesterday we were prepping and getting ready for a grill-out at our house. I was vacuuming and started looking at all the small things around the house.

You know, the little things.  The details.  The things that make a house a home (other than the people you share it with).



The things that, well, aren't necessary by any means, but the things that make you smile.  Or at least make me smile.

Like that long-necked giraffe Jas brought back from his trip to England (it was tucked in a smoothie he bought) . It makes me laugh every time I see it :)






















Or that heart-on-a-stick (lol) that was hidden in a bouquet of flowers Jas brought home for me one day.
























What about this smiley spoon given to us by our Slovak teacher?  I'll never forget the word for cooking spoon/ladle in Slovak again!

Maybe these are the things that will go unnoticed by everyone else except for me.  Maybe it's a little silly that I took pictures of them, but after all, it's all in the details, right?































Take this bottle for instance...it's a reminder of our most recent trip to Vienna (not to mention the color is great and it acts as a wonderful vase for my cheap-o Ikea flowers).















































Handmade creations by my mama and friend Steph.


Maybe, if nothing else, I'll look back at this post one day during a sentimental moment and think "ahh, those cute little details made me smile..."





















And even though at the end of the day HOME is where our family can be together in Christ, I'm still loving me these little details...

Haha.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks about these things... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Totally understand what you mean! I keep all those little sentimental things - like a camp duct tape rose P once made me - that is not necessarily stylish home decor, and smile in memory of those past memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You so make me SMILE!!! I love your creativity, photography, pictures...G@d has blessed you with so many talents...but the biggest of all, you are a huge blessing to others. Oh happy day ;)

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...