Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving you the Deep Fried Bird for Thanksgiving


Every year I have an insatiable craving for deep fried turkey and no better day to satisfy this unquenchable desire than Thanksgiving day! So with my beautiful bride and a homemade offering of baked brie we set off on the journey of finding this long, elusive deep fried bird. After traveling 5 minutes down the road we came to a house with 5 others in search of the same thing. Here we found the deep fried turkey savior- My dad! Thanks dad, for risking your life to place this rather large bird into the hot cauldron of boiling peanut oil. Thanks mom for purchasing the bird that would be the Thanksgiving sacrifice. Thanks grandma for eating the gizzards, liver, and neck and letting no part of the bird go unscathed. Thanks Marianne and Nathan for the homemade apple pie. And thanks Charity for marrying me so we could spend our first Thanksgiving together today. I love you Sweetie!

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving! Comment for me so can I win this competition too!





2 comments:

  1. it sure was good! I had a wonderful day. Thanks for being a part of it.

    love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had oven roasted turkey in SC; also good, but I need to try this deep fried thing. Sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...