Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Surgery + A Book!

Little did I know when I wrote that last post that the abscess I mentioned there would lead to a full blown week in the hospital!  Yikes!  Long story short, I headed in to the hospital to have it checked on Monday of last week and lo and behold, a week later, here I am, finally home.  Man, it's been a journey.

While in the hospital they attempted several non-surgical options to try and remove the abscess (if you're not familiar with what an abscess is, read about it here) including cheese (yes, really...), topical creams, and antibiotics.  None of it worked.  So they attempted a puncture to drain it, which didn't work either.  Finally, on Friday, I underwent surgery to drain and clean out the abscess.  I now have a drain in and am hoping and praying it will mend and heal well...

I would be lying if I said I didn't have my fair share of pity parties while in the hospital. It was painful, unexpected, frustrating, and who in the world wants to have surgery in the first place?  But, God in his grace, reminded me time and again of others who are dealing with much bigger things and that I have plenty to be thankful for.  Reoccurring lesson in my life right now?  I think so.  God trying to get my attention? Why, of course, sinner right here.

I did have a lot of free time on my hands to read and study.  And one of the books I read completely got my attention.  I highly recommend it.































Great, great book.  And this chick is amazing.  Her heart for the Lord is completely contagious.  This book is a must-read.  And it's humbling.  Please get it and read it!

And if you want a little taste of the book before buying it, check out her blog here.

7 comments:

  1. We could not say a thing...just saying...but we were praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Char!! So sorry you had to go through all that, but glad to hear things are looking better now. Hang in there friend! Love u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this Charity! Loved skyping you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charity! I have to know about this cheese technique!?!?! did you have to eat the cheese or apply the cheese?!?! and why are we not trying this is the US?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awful Charity! no fun at all! sorry you had to go through all of that and I'm glad you're on the mend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no! so sorry to hear this! hope you recover fully SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!!! Wish I was there to lend a hand...but will continue lifting you all up in prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...