Monday, March 8, 2010

META '10

This weekend was METAMORPHOSIS 2010.  That means that quite a few churches from all over Durham gather their youth and unite in a weekend of corporate worship, challenging Bible teaching, outreach to their community (both local and worldwide), sleepless nights, and lots of fun!

This Metamorphosis weekend was a great one.  Not only did we make 80,000 (YES!, 80,000!!) meals to send to Haiti through Stop Hunger Now, but we also heard a great speaker, spent lots of time together as a youth group, and watched a pretty sad rivalry game (come on, Carolina, REALLY!?)...

Let me give you a visual recap of the weekend.  Here goes.











Lyrics of a song sung by the Seth Condrey Band---they were great by the way!













Katy and Rae.  Check out how they're rockin' those sweet Meta shirts :)


















Stop Hunger Now!  Bags of soy, vitamins, rice, and veggies ready to be sent to Haiti.  80,000=CRAZY AMAZING!


















Loading up the bags and preparing them to be sent.











Our whole awesome group--silly picture :)










Jas and I at the end of a long, but great weekend.

"I KNOW my God saved the day and I KNOW His word never fails and I KNOW my God made a way for me... SALVATION IS HERE!"

To see another good post on more specifics of Stop Hunger Now, go here. Or go here to visit their website.  

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful pictures! I love the one of the youth pastor and his beautiful wife at the end.

    I love you 2,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all put together a great weekend! I know it is a lot of work... I'm thankful for all that you guys do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a great weekend! I wish I lived closer...it looks like you had a great time and made a big impact for Stop Hunger Now.

    I also LOVE that song...Salvation is here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, good old Metamorphosis! Looks like you guys had a really great weekend! Glad it went so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we missed not being a part of metamorphosis this year! seems like it was a great one.

    -EB

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...